Welcome to Melbourne
Melbourne is a creative, exciting, ever-changing city with extraordinary surprises to be discovered in every basement, rooftop and laneway. Whether you're an art enthusiast, a shopping addict, or theatre devotee, there is a never-ending list of things to do in our wonderful city.
Discover the world’s most liveable city and its surrounds, including Melbourne icons Federation Square, Flinders Street Railway Station and Bourke Street Mall. Melbourne’s retail, fashion, dining and entertainment venues all within walking distance from the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
Follow the following guide prepared by Australian Tourism to discover Melbourne's hidden charms both ancient and modern.
- Discover Melbourne’s hidden laneways and rooftop bars
- Cheer with the fans at major Australian sporting events
- Dine at culinary hotspots
How to get there
Getting to Melbourne is easy with international and domestic flights arriving direct to Melbourne Airport from many major hubs. From the airport, it’s a quick 30-minute taxi or shuttle bus ride to the city centre.
- Decide when to visit and what to pack with this info on seasonal weather in Melbourne.
- Find all of the city’s transport options with this guide on getting around.
- Visit a local visitor information centre for more detailed info on the area.
Source: Australian Tourism website: https://www.australia.com